Brought to you by Dede Haas, channel sales strategist, practitioner, and coach.
If you are being recruited for a channel sales program, be prepared for what the vendor will want to know about you, such as:
- Company stability
- Financial security, soundness, and structure
- Company longevity
- Owners/executive management
- Privately held or public
- Number of employees
- How you make money — products, service, etc.
- Are you a solid and functional business practice?
- Ability to participate in partner incentive programs – MDF, rebates, etc.
- How you conduct business
- Do you have the resources to resell their products and services?
By going through the exercise in preparing for the vendor, you now have a better idea how your company is running and the opportunity to make changes that lead to positive results.