By Samantha Kalany, BlueStar
Digital transformation, the evolving pursuit of innovative business models, is fueled by evolving technologies, and analytics. Bundled together, this is used to create new value and experiences for customers, employees, and stakeholders. The digital transformation works to integrate all social, mobile and web investments to deliver an integrated, frictionless, omni-channel experience. Another goal of this transformation is to modernize IT infrastructure and technologies with increased agility, flexibility, manageability and security. All in all, digital transformation is the response to ever-changing digital world that we live in. When preparing for a digital workplace in any environment, it’s important to follow the three P’s (People, Products and Processes).
P #1 – PEOPLE
It’s all about the people. Before you can kickstart the digital transformation, people have to conduct a personal risk assessment, of sorts. Before they commit to helping you change your organization.
- They need to know how the changes that come along with digital transformations will affect them.
- They’ll wonder how they will be able to perform post-digital transformation.
You’ll have to ask yourself the following questions:
- Who is involved?
- Who should be involved?
- Do you have the right people with the right skill-sets?
- Will you need to outsource?
- Can you build the transformation engines fast?